The New India Budget will Live up to the Expectations of Every Indian Citizen: PM Modi
PM Narendra Modi highlighted the broad objectives of this year’s budget. Underlining its spirit, he said that through this budget his government has put the focus not only on ‘Ease of Doing Business’ but also on ‘Ease of Living’.
Ayushman Bharat: World’s Largest Health Insurance Scheme to be launched
The initiative which will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year, thus providing a robust health protection to the needy.
MSP of Crops Increased to one and half times of production cost
In line with the government’s objective of doubling farmers’ income, the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for all hitherto unannounced crops of Kharif was raised to at least one and half times of their production cost.
Five Pillars of the New India Budget
- New India Budget for enhanced Ease of Living
From Improved healthcare to free electricity connections, the Modi government is ensuring ease of living for every Indian.
- Farmer Friendly New India Budget
Several steps to support the farmers and enhance their income, including launching ‘Operation Greens’ to augment food processing to hiking institutional credit for agriculture to Rs. 11 lakh crore have been announced in the budget.
- New India Budget for New Opportunities
MSME sector has received a huge boost in the budget, with the government reducing the tax rate for MSME to 25% while raising the allocation for Mudra Yojana to Rs 3 lakh crore.
- Common Man Friendly New India Budget
The budget opens up possibilities for increased savings for senior citizens and salaried class and ensures a premium on honesty.
- New India Budget for New Infrastructure
In order to realize the dream of modern India, to enhance Ease of Living of the common man, the Budget makes a historic allocation for creating Next Generation Infrastructure.
- Budget 2018: Poor & informal workers now covered under world’s largest health scheme
- Govt allocates Rs 1.48 lakh Cr for Railways in the Budget 2018; Wifi and CCTVs to be provided in all trains
- Budget 2018:Divestment target met for the first time
- Budget 2018: Heyday for grey days – Senior citizens get triple break
- Budget: Civil aviation ministry gets Rs 6,602 crore allocation
- Government allocates Rs 5.97 lakh crore for infra spending in 2018-19
- Budget 2018: Over three-fold increase in National Nutrition Mission funds
- India Inc hails Budget 2018, says focus on rural economy will create jobs
- Budget in line with fiscal consolidation path: Moody’s analyst
- Farm sector boost: MSP for kharif crops to be 1.5 times input cost, Arun Jaitley says
- Ujjwala scheme expands ambit to include 8 crore women beneficiaries
MUST WATCH VIDEO